View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 01:04 PM   #143
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryk_us View Post
Working title: Unethical Magic

I'm writing an urban fantasy with romantic elements where a half-tree nymph unaware of her magical heritage casts a spell granting her boyfriend's deepest wish--in order to save him from an unethical mage who wants to see just how powerful my heroine is as an untrained spellcaster. The spell works, but instead of wanting to spend forever at her side, her boyfriend covets supernatural strength and speed--he also has a nasty mean streak. The boyfriend is now a vampire, a boyfiend, if you will. And the unethical mage is my heroine's only help and unlikely love interest as the story progresses.

(This is the first blurb I've written for this, so please feel free to ask questions if it makes no sense at all!)

I think it's a cool story, but then it's my Baaby.

I love urban fantasy - is the boyfriend an actual vampire, or just a wannabe? Just my own opinion, but as a longtime reader of fantasy, I'm so sick of vampires I could, well, do something rude. They've completely taken over, and it's become such a cliche.

Your story sounds interesting, but if it's got vampires, I'd give it a pass - but that's just me.

I wrote a short-short once about a tree nymph, so I'm very intrigued.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote