View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 01:02 PM   #5
wild_Willie2
Zealot
wild_Willie2 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Hi there.

You can ALWAYs return your reader to Sony USA for repair if you have a valid purchase receipt.

I live in Holland and had a problem with a PRS 505 that I thought needed to be fixed in the service workshop.

As I lost my purchase receipt I had to opened her up myself (which turned out to be pretty simple) and it turned out that I could fix it myself (a ZIF cable had come partly loose).

But I could have returned it to the USA for repairs.

They started selling the reader in Germany last week so I guess you could also send it there for reapairs if you live in Europe.

This is the Sony reply to my mail about repairs from a non "service" country....

Thank you for contacting Sony Support.

Our warranty only allows for repairs to be performed at our U.S. service centers. Please ship your unit to:

Laredo Repair Center
10227 Crossroads Loop
Suite# C
Laredo, TX 78045

Please package your product in the original box (if available) or a box of similar size and strength. We suggest you add bubble pack or heavily tape the original foam shell around the unit before inserting it into the box (avoid using plastic peanuts as they shift during transit). We also recommend that you choose a carrier that will allow you to track your unit to the service center and offers insurance. Sony is not liable for inbound shipping damages. Be sure to retain a copy of your shipping and insurance paperwork.

Please include the following information with your shipment:

Your name
A current email address
Contact phone number
Domestic return shipping address - *1
A copy of your purchase receipt - *2
Note detailing all errors and symptoms
List of included parts and accessories

*1 - We strongly recommend you provide a physical U.S. street address for UPS or FedEx delivery. If you have a relative, friend or business associate here we strongly suggest you use theirs. Then after they have received your unit, they can forward it to your current location at their expense using any carrier of your choice. Although Sony will ship your item to any address your request, if you insist on a non-U.S. address (or a PO/APO/FPO box), we will only ship the unit via U.S. mail.
U.S. mail deliveries will be shipped without any insurance or tracking data purchased by Sony. In these instances you must agree in writing to also release Sony from all liability for the safe return of your item or we will refuse to ship the item.
You should also be aware that Sony will NOT pay for any required import taxes, tariffs or other fees levied by your country.

*2 - This is required for both warranty status verification and customs.
Do NOT send us the original, it will not be returned with the unit.

Thank you for your time.

The Sony Email Response Team
C623
Gary

Last edited by wild_Willie2; 03-22-2009 at 01:07 PM.
wild_Willie2 is offline   Reply With Quote