View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 11:03 AM   #68
thermopyle
Enthusiast
thermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieknits View Post
I'm considering trying this as I have 10 pages of books to scroll through to find anything. Also each track of an audio book is showing up in the library.
I do not understand this
"No user-input required, though .net 4.0 needs to be installed."
What is .net 4.0?
I do not want to jailbreak, root or modify my Kindle. Will your application work as is. I still have no collections at all as that option is not avaiable for some reason.
You have to register your Kindle in order to get collections to be a selectable option. That's quite easy, however--just enter your info, turn wireless on and connect to a router, and register it. Then turn wireless back off, if you wish.

.net 4.0 is a Windows framework. A lot of programs use .net. It's nothing to do with the Kindle--the .net framework has to be installed on the computer you're connecting the Kindle to, is all. You can download .net from Microsoft here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en.
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote