View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 06:33 PM   #67
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I'd agree to an extent but the author also has to think of the readers who did not read the previous book(s) in the series. There's a narrow path between boring those who have read the previous books and leaving those who have not feeling lost.
I find that even when someone says a book can be read out of order it's usually wrong. If there is even one sentence that mentions anything in a previous book or a character acts in a way not like previously, then it's not stand alone. Most books are not stand alone and if they are at the moment, the author will change that in a future book.

I don't want the author to cater to those who read out of order I want those books to be spoilers for the ones that came before.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote