View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #17
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I have relatives in the US. and a US address listed on my Amazon account (not my main address), fact is they IP track your traffic AFTER the device is delivered.

Not all the time just when you try to go buy something from the amazon store for example... Don't believe me? go try and get the free poker game. It will geo track your location and deny delivery.

Now this isn't a "put on a tin hat" comment. Simply pointing out that using a US address is NOT a complete solution. Which is why I bothered replying I suppose.

It's not a total reach to imagine that those facts DON'T make it into the small print of the *buy as if you live in the US* services offerings. So now I mentioned it.

More Tea I think.

EDIT: Of course I suppose this example only affects people who were (foolishly) interested in playing games on their e-reader. What a surprise!

A little more sugar in this tea I think. it's tasting a bit bitter...

EDIT: Sorry Amazon. But some people REALLY LIKE to play games on their kindle.
It's crazy I know

Last edited by twobob; 09-09-2012 at 07:43 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote