View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #14
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
From the Board's List, I've read 8...and sadly, those are pretty much the only ones on the whole list I'm interested in reading.

* Up from Slavery by Booker T Washington (fascinating)
* A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf (I loved it, even though I hate her fiction)
* The Double Helix by James Watson (dense)
* Aspects of the Novel by E.M. Forester (it didn't help me become a better novelist)
* The Elements of Style by Strunk & White (it's more of a reference book than a work of non-fiction, IMO)
* The Autobiography of Malcolm X (loved it)
* In Cold Blood by Truman Capote (Loved it)
* Operating Instructions by Anne Lamott (hated it)

On my TBR list:

Six Easy Pieces by Richard Feynman
The Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes

I didn't go through the "Readers" List -- can't stand Ayn Rand, didn't even bother reading the list after I saw her at the top.
See bolding above...me too! That is, I loved it, a favourite, and also thoroughly enjoyed the television adaptation I saw of it too...can't rememeber the details of who starred in it, but it was great. I'm somewhat disappointed to hear you hate her fiction, only because I've been meaning for a long time to try it.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote