View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 04:28 PM   #257
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
My brand-new AGPTEK just died. I connected it to my PC, left it plugged in for maybe 10 minutes or so while deciding what audiobook files to transfer, and then saw that the computer wasn't recognizing it and, more alarmingly, that it had gotten hot to the touch.

When I disconnected it wouldn't power on, even after it cooled off. It will power on when connected to a wall charger, but then turns off, and begins getting hot again. Looks like the date/time have reset to zero; no idea if my files on it have been disappeared.

Since it's still in the 30-day return window, I'm having Amazon replace it, though I'm a little leery and a lot annoyed. Funny thing is, just this morning I put the box it came in into the recycling bin. Oops.
Sounds like the battery is shot. I had the battery replaced in my iPhone 6s by Apple and the battery they put in started swelling.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote