View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 01:24 PM   #29
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamora View Post
Last I knew, you can't buy Kindle books through the ios Kindle app.

Maybe that's why Kobo wants these in-store cards, for the ithing owners who won't be able to purchase directly in the ios app. (Although they could through a web browser)
Sorry, left the not off in the original post - Amazon does not pay a "Apple Tax" on non digial content. I've corrected it in the original post.

An ebook is digital content, which is why Amazon does not sell them on either of their iOS apps (Kindle app or Amazon app). If they tried to sell it, they would have to pay Apple for in app purchase. Since a Kindle paper is a physical product rather than digital, they do sale that and do not have to pay Apple a percentage. I hope that is clearer than my initial post.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote