View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Pulp Recommendations

I've found that there are several companies specializing in pulp magazine reprints (in both print and ebook formats). For example, Altus Press and Radio Archives. But there are so many to chose from! Can anyone make some recommendations?

I've read some of the obvious ones -- Robert E. Howard and H. P. Lovecraft, and I have a Sheena ebook somewhere. But what about authors like Norvell Page (of The Spider)? Or once popular titles such as The Secret 6?

Right now, I'm reading some "Yellow Peril" stories (Wu Fang, one of the many Fu Manchu clones). Talk about a blast into the past. Yikes!

Now if only the publishers would make Doc Savage and Shadow ebooks available instead of sitting on them while they hire someone to develop movies instead. Let's hope the upcoming Doc Savage movie is better than the one with Ron Ely. It would have to be.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote