View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 11:37 AM   #11
RobertDDL
Whatever...
RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 840, Touch HD 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
(...) I saw a few problems.
First you only have 41 books.
Secondly, you have to do the Texas Two Step and the Hokey Pokey to get download a book.
Having to remember some odd name and funky password to get a few books.
Thirdly, the overt begging was a bit overkill.
Fourth, the site was not really user friendly.

Now did you take the time to proofread all these books?
If so, I may have a different idea for you.

So now please explain to me how your website is the best to get free books.
Good questions, thank you!

1. only 41 books, because this is what I managed to get done in 8 years of work.
2. I don't want other sites to link directly to the book files. I want people to take a moment, before they download a book, to - how can I say - pay some respect. But you are right, I should use an easy to memorize password that doesn't require copy and paste. It's only once that you need it, though, your browser will remember it for future downloads.
3. OK, I'll look at that.
4. In what way, except for the need to enter a password?

Yes, I did take the time to proofread, edit and typeset.

Definitely not the best site to get free books, but a site to get them, and, at least for some of the books on it, maybe the site to get their best available free editions.

For any ideas, I'd be grateful!
RobertDDL is offline   Reply With Quote