View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 01:50 AM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Hmmm... that is not really how I read this article. How I understood it was that Amazon's fixed price of $9.99 has forced other stores to come down to the $10 mark. In turn this is causing publishers to get worried about the price. Two results will come out, publishers come down in price and lose profits or Bookstores give and increase the price. The article did actually look at a different alternative and that was that the publishers will release the eBook at a later date.
I think there is another option. They said that publishers/retailers are taking the same cut on eBooks as paper books. However the costs for printing/distributing/selling eBooks should be much lower. They can afford to lower the price and still keep the same profit margin. The revenue goes down, but so do the costs. They can pass that on to the consumers and still keep their same profits.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote