View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 06:48 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenieliser View Post
Interesting... nice to see someone acknowledge that ebooks should be cheaper than a hardback.
Hmmm... that is not really how I read this article. How I understood it was that Amazon's fixed price of $9.99 has forced other stores to come down to the $10 mark. In turn this is causing publishers to get worried about the price. Two results will come out, publishers come down in price and lose profits or Bookstores give and increase the price. The article did actually look at a different alternative and that was that the publishers will release the eBook at a later date.

My take is thank you Amazon keep that pressure on and force the whole market to bring the price down on eBooks.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote