Thread: Seriousness The Covid Vaccination Poll
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 02:30 AM   #14
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I'm having to wait until my age group is eligible for the vaccine. The 80+ group is the next one up for the vaccination so a while to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Wow, that seems old. I thought neighboring Massachusetts was bad; they’re still doing the 75+ crowd.
The issue for Canadians was that Pfizer and Moderna basically stopped delivering vaccine for several weeks. Evidently Pfizer-Biontech had to stop production in their Belgian factory while work was done to increase capacity while Moderna from several news reports ran into issues with material supply and the EU attempting to control how much can be exported before EU member states are supplied with vaccine.

Add in that in Canada, vaccinating the residents in long term care where the majority of the deaths was occurring was a priority.

Another issue which may be hitting soon is that the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine use has been halted in South Africa since it appeared to offer "minimal protection" against mild and moderate cases of the South African variant of the Covid-19 virus.

Last edited by DNSB; 02-13-2021 at 02:33 AM.