View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 09:28 AM   #9
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I'm not nearly so sanguine...

I already bought an Amazon mp3 this morning, and it offered me the option to save either to my computer (as normal) or to save to an Amazon Cloud Drive.

What scares me is that someday the option may go away, and I HAVE to save to the Cloud Drive...

And then I can only listen to my music while connected to the Internet...

And then they extend the model to e-books...

And then others extend the model to e-books...

And then I can only read my e-books while connected to the Internet...

And THAT would seriously annoy me!

I don't mind (in fact I have) a Dropbox-style cloud drive, that I can CHOOSE to use. And I hope I'm just being paranoid in my imagined scenario. But, I am afraid it's the top of a slippery slope...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote