View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 05:20 PM   #11
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
There is a main section called "prime palaver" that hasn't been updated since 2002. There were no ebooks added to the free library this year.
They added Lois McMaster Bujold's The Warrior's Apprentice this year in anticipation of the Cryoburn release and some short story collection selections from Night Shade Books, who are the only other publisher who've made contributions to the Free Library, I believe. They just haven't bothered updating the listings on the main site. But it all shows up at Webscriptions.

Quote:
And they still are putting out CD's in those hard covers that have lots of free ebooks -- including free ebooks of NEW books (including all of the Honor Harrington series, for example). And they haven't shut down the Fifth Imperium site.
T5thE runs with Baen's knowledge and blessing. And those bundled CDs make me consider getting stuff I wouldn't normally, as well as first-run hardcover editions of stuff that I would, just for the bonus, even if the included books are mostly repeats or stuff I already own.

Quote:
I ended up buying a few just because I felt guilty that so many had been given away.
Methinks you may have just discovered their secret marketing strategy.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote