View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
How is Baen doing?

Anybody actually know how Baen is doing? I love Bean's business practices, their free library, DRM-Free ebooks for $6. I love the types of books they publish.

However, most everything I've read on their site was written a LONG time ago. It's been something like 8 years since Eric Flint has written a "Prime Palavar" on the Baen Free library talking about free ebooks and how they helped sales.

With the kindle, nook, sony, iPad and all the smart phones -- just how is their free ebook system working for them today? I could well expect someone who was reading those free ebooks on a computer to go out and buy a pbook. But those of us with ebook devices, those free ebooks leave us no reason to then go out and buy a book.

They release $6 copies of their ebooks the same day their brand new hard backs go on sale for near $20. What has this practice done to their hard back sales?

Through the fifth Imperium website, the cd's from the hard back book gives us a huge catalog of free ebooks beyond what the Baen Freel Library has. Baen isn't simply giving away the first book or two of a series, but entire series.

They rarely put new books in the Free Library, I noticed. Have they changed their minds?

Anyone "in the know"?

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote