View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 07:25 PM   #79
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Okay, I'll jump on this wagon too.

Well, it took me a bit longer to be convinced, but you lot love BD so much I kept trying it. I like the idea of smaller files and especially in-line pix, so I kept trying it. I kept running into stumbling blocks, but I also liked a lot of what I was seeing, so I kept trying it.

Finally, I've gotten around the peculiarities enough, and figured out how to set (and save) my preferences enough that I'm sold. I just did 2 books, with cover art and other in-line pix (like maps) in about 10 minutes. No fuss, no muss. Granted it took me about 20 hours of trying to get here, but here I am.

I finally realized I was trying too hard, I didn't like the way it handled 'titles' and 'subtitles' in the headers & footers, so I spent a lot of time trying to deal with getting the right stuff to display (for instance, David Weber likes to use "* * *" to mark jumps between story lines, and it wanted to treat them like titles, and put that text in the footer), I finally realized that I don't like the header & footer in the first place, and turned them off. Problem solved.

For most books (now that I have the prefs set the way I want, and know what to ignore), the biggest time consumer is loading up the cover art.

It took me longer to get here than a lot of you folks, but I'm glad I made the trip!

Now I'll be converting things as I re-read/acquire them and zipping up the RTFs for archive purposes.

Happy happy, joy joy!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote