View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 08:03 PM   #25
Chris_Snow
Zealot
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glo
@BetterRed - You are right....I don't think it is calibre or it's plugins.

I have gone back into safe mode and calibre seems back to normal - loading books and metadata while not instant, is still serveely better than in normal mode. For instance, I can hit the enter key after changing some Metadata and the MDE window will close instantly - not even close in normal mode - takes many seconds.

I have been looking through the task manager listing the services and programs running. It is going to be difficult to find exactly what is causing this.

I have verified none of the start-up programs seem to cause this (I disabled them, rebooted, and found Calibre still glitchy). This could take some time. Don't really have it at the moment. Still lots of parts of my new machine to get up to scratch. Hopefully I'll get there.

Thanks for these pointers. Couldn't have done it on my own. I'm about to head out to the beach. It's a lovely day and not too cold. Spring is here finally
Chris_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote