View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #13
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by greencat View Post
mr ploppy is right. It's going to be easier to get a zombie lover to buy a zombie ebook than a ereader lover to buy an ebook about zombies. Also got to bear in mind that people don't necessarily go to a forum to be sold a book. Both of these are likely to contribute to low sales I reckon.
Actually, MR was good for 'business' early on, with a strong correlation between promotional posts and downloads. I was just curious if my experience with 'burn out' was typical. I'm not particularly bothered that downloads seem to occur on their own. It means I don't need to bother with promoting here anymore.

Regarding targeting, I have no idea where to find a place where people go to discuss contemporary fantasy/adventures with elements of magical realism. I suspect such a place doesn't exist. This kind of problem seems to happen a lot to indie authors who aren't guided by commercial trends and mix other genres or simply fail to hew to the norms.

Maybe the answer is to stop writing non-genre-specific stories, but that's not going to happen in my case. I write these kinds of stories because I can't seem to find too enough of them in book stores.
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote