View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 02:06 PM   #8
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
I've downloaded a few ebooks that were advertised on this site when they were given away free for a limited amount of time, but I've never read any of them. I think the demographic is too large, you would be better off targetting your advertising where there would be a high percentage of potential readers. Zombie sites for zombie books, knitting sites for knitting pattern books, that type of thing. While there will probably be a small audience for those books here, the chances of them seeing your advert would be pretty slim. Whereas on dedicated sites it wouldn't really matter if only a small minority of people saw your advert because they would all be likely to have an interest in what you are selling.
Good point. Except, it probably wouldn't work for me. I like writing stories that fall on the fringes of mainstream genre tastes. My fantasies are likely not fantastic enough for fantasy afficionados.

As a reader, I download lots of free books too, but I usually give them a read, at least the first chapter. Most of them, (2/3?), I never go on to finish, but I like to at least give everything a chance.
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote