View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #44
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
Yes - plans didn't work out as everyone had hoped down in Coventry, so I'm self-employed for a while, and looking for someone that would like to supervise a PhD.
Oh my! I'd hate to move to far away just for a job only to find out the job's not going to work out At least Scotland is nice Good luck finding a PhD position.

Quote:
Well, it's okay, but nothing special. It's like the city I grew up near - the industry has gone, but 10-15 years later than where I came from, and it is still regenerating and deciding what it wants to be. Frighteningly high unemployment, though, and it shows in some areas. We've got a year's lease on the house, but since I have absolutely no intentions of moving in December again, it will be longer than that (landlord willing, of course - oh, and depending on if any exciting jobs come along!)
Sounds like lots of room for improvement

Quote:
As I said to David above, I've had a lot of gadgets in the last six months - new Galaxy Note, new Galaxy Camera - so I'm not likely to get another one soon, at least until we decide on suitable cars for the area - we've had enough snow to make it a bit tricky a couple of times, but nothing as bad as southern England and northern Europe (has it been bad in the Netherlands?)
Yep it's been snowy and icey and freeeeezing. But we're used to irregular weather so no huge problems or anything. And I like freezing so it's been fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If she really loved you she'd let you have all the gadgets you wanted
Yes indeed. Because love is giving each other gadgets.

Quote:
Having done some work in this area, it sort of makes sense if you take into account the lowest common denominator passenger, who may well have wifi etc switched on and not know anything about it. However, on every flight I've been on for years, there is at least on person who completely ignores the request anyway - just like the folks who are on the phone before they are off the plane, despite having been asked to wait until in the terminal. As to whether any of it it makes any difference - who knows, but with fly-by-wire planes, I'd rather the amount of potential interference with key systems is kept to a minimum!
Well alllllright then. Sigh. Still annoying though. Lucky I don't fly around much

Quote:
Aha! I didn't know 2.4.0 was out - applying the principle that it was working for its primary function, and I didn't want to have to mess with new firmware that has a new set of bugs - or are they "features"? I'll trundle off and plug the KT into a usb socket and let the desktop do its stuff.
Yes 2.4.0 is quite nice and I agree with David, better than 2.3.1. There are some bugs, but not everyone experiences them and I actually haven't seen any, apart from the Sudoku and chess tantrums.

Quote:
Are there any other interesting threads at the moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Interesting threads? Well, we have found out a lot about Mrs_Often in the last few days in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206200. Among other things, she's is a Tiny Tim fan.
Oh quite. Laalalaaa tulips... laalalalaaa tip-toeing... oh such fun. My clogs are wearing down though, I need to make a new pair.

But the main threads at the moment are about battery issues during sleep mode in some of the newer devices. So far, in some Glo's and in newer model Touches, but only for some people. Threads started out here and here and a few others which have now merged into here.

Quote:
That's a fun thread, and informative too! Now I'm going to have to stop just using the KT for reading and fiddle in the settings ...
BE CAREFUL! You might end up only fiddling. I honestly cannot remember the last time I actually sat down to have a good old reading session. It's all about testing and messing about nowadays. Sigh.

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 03-16-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote