View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #13
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by larisa0001 View Post
I've got a whole bunch of PalmReader-formatted books (*.pdb, encrypted with my credit-card number) that I cannot read on any other device. But if any of the existing e-readers can read encrypted *.pdb files, I'd prefer those.
You can read your eReader ebooks on many device types, but not currently on Linux (and so not on EInk devices). There will be EInk devices supporting eReader DRM "soon". It is likely that EZ Reader (US Hanlin V3) will be one, but it may be worth waiting until the software is actually available before counting on it.

The other option, not legal in all places, is to use ereader2html to strip the DRM and then Calibre (say) to convert to LRF or ePub or MOBI. Then you choice of device is independent of eReader.