View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Even if you don't plan to put more books than that on it, having the extra storage there makes it run faster, in my opinion.

I would like the home button, too.
That's what I say too, (I did notice on my friend's Paperwhite that after about 400 books it started going slower) and of course every improvement possible would be GOOD, but as far as serious issues go, the memory is not important. I mean lets face it, if the Paperwhite had the home button, I would get it, 2GB notwithstanding. It still goes at a decent speed and I don't really need more than lets say 200 books at a time. My admittedly cursory experimentation did not show speed issues with that few # of books. It's not enough of a problem that I would stick with the Touch.

As regards the home button, call Amazon and share your views. Every complaint counts, and I personally have made sure Amazon knows how I feel the Paperwhite could be improved!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote