View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 10:03 AM   #15
LucidDreams
Tech Reader
LucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The original poster specifically states that they live in Canada. I am a little puzzled why you would suggest that they consider a reader that is only sold in the United States?
Because one will be able to purchase it online (ebay, etc.) regardless of which country they're located. The Nook Touch supports ePub with DRM so you're not locked into using the B&N bookstore. This would be another story if the Nook was like the Kindle and forced you to use their eco system store (if you don't strip DRMs and convert book files).

The main reason for recommending the Nook Touch over others is that it seems to have all the right features at the right price. If the Kindle had a touch screen then I would recommend that device. I own a Sony PRS-350 and can say that the touch screen makes the reading experience better. Nothing like just touching a word and getting the definition. With the Kindle I would have to use the cursor and navigate it to the word I wanted the definition. The best analogy would be using a keyboard to move the cursor on a PC screen vs. using the mouse. While it can be done and it works, it's just more of a painful experience.
LucidDreams is offline   Reply With Quote