View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #35
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
I'll try to post a picture today. For the human eye It doesn't seem like I've got the narrow tip, but it still feels a bit wiggly when connected.
Just to clarify, if it's the problem with having the wrong tip, it's not that the tip would be too narrow/wide; it's that the tip would be too short to make a full connection. But it's still long enough to connect somewhat; it doesn't simply fall completely out of the hole. I think this is why people were experiencing different symptoms (you had to wiggle to get the connection just right for it to charge, you would think it was charging but then it just randomly would stop charging, it just might never make that perfect connection to charge, etc.)

So if you're going to measure, measure the length of the metal part of the tip. That's how I knew for sure that I had that problem. It was clearly 7.5mm instead of 9mm.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote