View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 02:01 PM   #62
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
I don't really know why either but I would think it is likely mainly because of the poor contrast of eink displays, that due to both the current display technology and their being reflective. Increasing the "pixel" density will help blacken the blacks and that will in turn make the fonts denser and appear "crisper" against the background.

EDIT: On a reread maybe you mean the Aura was crisper? If so I could only imagine it would be a better font or a better contrast display compared to the others. But, in the general case, my original comments stands in that I would expect for eink higher ppi would likely enable darker fonts.
My lower ppi Aura from Walmart has a better display than my higher ppi ereaders. I think it may be the lighting of the device perhaps.

Last edited by HLS; 01-30-2019 at 02:05 PM.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote