View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 09:39 AM   #18
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
And I would simply suggest the poster is allowed his or her opinion just as you are allowed yours. There is no need to call it a knee-jerk decision. If you want to disagree with it, fine, but leave it at that.
Sorry, but deciding before anything's been done that the product will be bad, or somehow wrong, seems like a knee-jerk decision to me... that's my opinion. It's not like I'm calling the poster a jerk, which I'm not.

I just don't see the need to place an author's characters on a pedestal, inviolable by future artisans... it is the author that should be on that pedestal, if they are considered that great. Characters, settings, etc, are open to interpretation, and unless there is something about the original story that precludes sequels, prequels, etc, I see no reason to do so if desired.

The point of these threads is not to simply say, "I disagree," and sign off. We are discussing the subject, and I think I have presented a rational and reasonable argument, without insulting or denigrating anyone. But since this is clearly one of those situations where neither side will be convincing the other, I'll just leave on that note.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote