View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 05:11 AM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb139
I'm particularly concerned that the books I've already purchased will no longer be available from Amazon (as the emphasized text, above, suggests). That was one of my primary reasons for purchasing from Amazon -- I thought at the time that Amazon would be around for the long haul, and that my content would therefore be available as well.
Welcome to the Wonderful World of DRM (i.e. Digital Restriction Management).

When I purchase a paper book, it's readable by me today, tomorrow and even after I'm dead, by anyone.

That's not the case of DRMed eBooks. They may be read by me today, but beyond that, there is no guarantee that they will be able to be read.

That's why I place the value of any DRMed eBook at $1. That's the "disposable" price of such an item. I read it once and throw it away.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote