View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #1213
Verlander
Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Disappearing BIN files

Hi guys. My first post on here.

Trying to jailbreak my brand new Kindle Paperwhite 2 (last 4 digits of SN: 00VB) just to be able to use custom screensavers - I don't want to do anything else.

Strange problem. I have downloaded the following files to the Kindle's root directory:

Update_jailbreak_bridge_1.10.N_install.bin

Update_linkss_0.17.N_install_pw2.bin

However these files will not stay on the device. As soon as I unplug they disappear from the Kindle and, therefore, the 'Update Your Kindle' link on the device stays grayed out.

I have tried putting the files on one at a time, and tried putting both on at the same time. The result is the same.

What am I doing wrong please?
Verlander is offline   Reply With Quote