View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 06:41 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsegoddess View Post
I love the series function on Calibre--especially since it lets me keep track of which book is next on my Kobo. However, I've noticed that the series info seems to be inconsistent about appearing on my Kobo.
I'm unsure how the Kobo handles Series metadata, but many folks use metadata plugboards to insert series info in the title on the fly while sending books to the device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsegoddess View Post
However, when I sideload books to my Kobo Touch, sometimes the series info doesn't appear on the Kobo. I've tried deleting the books and reloading them, but no joy.
Are you correctly side loading your books by clicking the Send to device icon? Simply copying the books via a file manager will not update the metadata in the books.

Hopefully a knowledgeable Kobo owner will provide more detailed info.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote