View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 07:50 AM   #7
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfaborac View Post
In a couple more years he'll be ready for One Thousand and One Nights (or Arabian Nights, as it is more often known), or at least for many of the stories. Some are a bit racy, so make sure you read them yourself first (if that's an issue). Four (nearly five) is probably/maybe a tad early, but considering how intensely I enjoyed those stories myself around that age I really can't recommend One Thousand and One Nights highly enough.
Thanks for that, and the other recommendations. I'll have to look into all of them when I have more time.

Ideally, we'd like religious stories. The thing is, he's hearing stories about Jesus from school (the one about feeding the five thousand is a current favourite). I have no issue with that, but I'd like him to hear similar stories from other religions, if possible. Hence my request.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote