View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #39
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
ScientificBob brings up some good and interesting points.

However I have been seriously considering an Asus Transformer Prime and a network attached hard drive as a PC replacement. For some people such a setup would probably meet all their personal computing needs today. For me it's not quite there yet, but it's very close.

So like many others I continue to wait to see what happens with Windows 8. If done correctly, Windows 8 with Asus Transformer-type hardware has the potential to dominate the market. But I won't be at all surprised if there is an Apple or Android device released around the same time that has the capability of meeting the needs of 90+% of home pc users, or if Microsoft can't deliver a well executed device. I think you overestimate what most people need in a home computer.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote