View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 10:41 PM   #1
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Somewhat complete (official) forum backup!

I spent the last few days creating a backup of the official forum using HTTrack, a website copier. It's a little fiddly and I don't think I got the whole forum(in fact I'm know for a fact I didn't), and the search doesn't work, but I'm zipping it up and I will upload it to my personal site soon-ish (all 3+ GIGS of it, wow), in case the official forums actually go down and people want all of the info that's here. UPDATE: I got the whole forums now, there is now over 8 gigs of info on there!
There do seem to be a few bugs with it that I don't know how to fix, for example some threads open in a "threaded" view, in which you can only see the first post and then the replies above that, if you wish to view one of the replies, you must open the link in a new window(I have no idea why). An example of this is my [GUIDE] thread, only the first post is visible, but if you open one of the replies by one of the links above the first post (in a new window, otherwise you will get an error), you will see that reply.

Sorry, but I don't know any way to fix this problem so we'll have to live with it until someone finds another way.

Also, Google custom search is up! Unfortunately, because I don't want to pay $100/month, google requires ad's be displayed on results pages(only search results, the backup will be unaffected), but I assure you any money made from these ads will only go back into the cost of the server(if anyone knows of another easy to set up search engine, or wants to donate $100/month to remove the ads(google's price, not mine) I'm all ears).

Hopefully someone finds this useful

link - I know that the site isn't pretty, consider it a work in progress, but it works.(please note, the link has been updated to go through adfly, 5 seconds of your time will help my continued development on this device as well as web server costs, if you really don't want to use it, PM me and I can send you a direct link. If adfly leads you to a survey, back out and don't do anything there, these kinds of things are against the adfly TOS and they are working to remove them, thanks!)

If anyone is able to get a bug free backup of the board, let me know and I'll host it

ENJOY!

EDIT: updated information, etc.

Last edited by emusan; 07-15-2011 at 11:27 AM. Reason: updated info
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote