Thread: Classic Nook has shipped
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #28
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
I played with on at B&N today for about 10 minutes, and I disagree with those reviews that say it is slow. I had no problems reading Dan Browns Lost Symbol on it. Page turns were quick - I found the LCD touch screen needs some getting use to.

I liked what I saw so far..
We shall see. You, sooner than I. At least you got some hands-on!
Let's hope you're right.

The Bloomberg BusinessWeek review said it takes "Amazon's current-model Kindle 2 takes about three seconds from the moment you release the power button until you can start reading. On the Nook, it takes a minute and 50 seconds." I hope it recovers from sheep mode quicker than that!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote