View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #8
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
I think that applies to books you're forced to read. If you're reading by choice, if you don't like it, you'll just put it down and move onto something else.
That certainly, but I'm also thinking of young kids. If the first book they pick up on their own is too far above them, they might decide they 'don't like reading', and the something else they move on to may be a video game instead. I figure we want the earliest associations with reading-as-voluntary-activity to be a positive as possible.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote