Thread: MobileRead February 2012 - Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #30
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Tender is the Night quote translated.

I didn't vote, because I had no basis for any opinion, and felt I would be satisfied with what was chosen. I decided to read Tender is the Night first, because it appears to be shorter, and I was better assured of success in completing it. (My reading speed has slowed greatly in recent years.)
I haven't finished yet, and am enjoying Fitzgerald's mellifluous prose greatly.
Near the end of Chapter 11 is a statement in French. My knowledge of French allows me to order certain breads and desserts, and my attempts to speak it could cause an international incident.
I ran the quote through babelfish and got this:
Do you want to regulate my honorairies? Naturally it is for medical care only. Mr. Barban has only one ticket of thousand and cannot regulate them and the other left its porte-monnaie at his place.
I just thought I would share.

Last edited by Poppa1956; 02-01-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote