View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 08:07 PM   #50
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I like the word count addition, but I ran into a problem today and I'm not sure where it came from.

Today I updated Plugin Updater, restarted, then updated Count Pages (also with Updater), restarted again. I didn't notice right away, but my Count Pages button was missing from the toolbar. Once I noticed, I went into Preferences > Plugins and tried to open the configuration but it told me I had to restart calbre before configuring. Okay, I restarted again. Same result. Restarted again, this time shutting it down then starting from the icon rather than using the "restart" button. Same result.

I didn't pursue the troubleshooting at that point because I was getting ready to update to 0.8.5 anyway, so I just uninstalled 0.8.4 then installed 0.8.5. (Normally I just install over the old one but since I was having problems and other people were having different problems, I figured it couldn't hurt to install clean.)

Anyway, once that was done, I started calibre and the button is back where it should be and working perfectly. Thing is, I don't know if it was a problem with the plugin, an updating problem, or a calibre problem, which is why I'm bringing it to you. And no, I didn't try a debug, and since there were no error messages, I have no errors to share. I know, I'm not much help, but I just thought I'd mention what happened.

Edited to add: Before I went into Preferences>Plugins, I also went into the toolbar config and the button was not available to add to any toolbars. It wasn't there at all.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote