View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 06:58 PM   #32
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentiu View Post
I have never heard of any third party dictionaries. Even if there were, I suspect that they would be loaded as any other book, in which case, the reader (person) would have to exit the book he/she is reading, to search the word in the dictionary, then return to the book. In my opinion, this is worse than having a paper dictionary beside you.

What I would like to see is the same convenience offered by the current dictionaries: tap a word and, Bingo!, the definition appears at the bottom of the screen.
There is, however, something that I don't really like at the current dictionaries: if the word is not found, the eReader does not allow you to enter a word - the sign for keyboard appears only if the definition was found. In my opinion, this is a drawback and I think that Sony's developers made a mistake here.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the sony prs-900 offers the possibility to enter a word via the keyboard to find it in the dictionary. (I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that in a video review the other day)
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote