View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 11:43 AM   #67
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I updated that and two other locations I posted the these links. However, the system here will not let me update the links in two other relevant threads. I get this:I am curious HOW MUCH later. I waited quite a long while and I still get that. It previously prevented me from updating obsolete stuff in a bunch of my old posts many weeks ago.

Why does this website impose such a limitation that FORCES bit-rot by preventing bulk link maintenance edits? I want to fix my old stuff, but I can only do three edits and it stops me this way for a LONG TIME (during which I move on to other things and rule-enforced bit-rot prevails).

So I guess the other places will just have to stay the old way. I have to time to deal with this "waiting game".
An unfortunate side-effect of a site-wide technical measure taken to mitigate the effects of potential spammers.

Outside of occasional (maintenance of technical posts) needs like this, there is very little reason for anyone to ever need to bulk edit their posts.
Except, say, a spammer adding in spam to a series of posts that have previously passed scrutiny.

I doubt an exception can be made on a per-subforum basis.
The best solution is to become a moderator, actually. I don't have the numbers on how long you have to wait, but I don't believe moderators are restricted in the same way.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote