View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 04:31 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You'd need to be able to install software to the device.

I found a few guides on Google for installing a fully-enabled linux system on the pogoplug. You might want to explore there...

This may or may not work, depending on what and how recent linuxes are available to be installed on Pogoplug hardware. I know people have used Raspberry PIs for this purpose, and a big problem was the unavailability of an ARM build. There is a pretty old version of calibre built for ARM architecture, I believe, somewhere on the Raspberry PI forums or something, but I don't know how usable that may be. Years-old versions of software are never as good as the version out now.

I am guessing the Pogoplug uses ARM, so you may be limited to that build, whatever version it may be.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote