View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #16450
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I've started The Last Pope: Do Biblical and Catholic Prophecies Point to Pope Francis I? by Bob Thiel Ph.D. and so far it is just meh.. I am finding myself skimming through parts. I've started 3/13/13: POPE FRANCIS THE LAST by CLARK MITCHELL and, so far, it is a little more interesting to read, but just not catching my attention. Thankfully, these were free. Maybe, it's time for a romantic comedy or a historical mystery. I hate when I can't decide what to read next.
Neither were really worth the time to read. There were a few interesting pieces of information, but meh...
Next was a short story (book?) that was a preorder freebie from Hodder & Stoughton, a British publishing house, now an imprint of Hachette - The Twelfth Tablet by Tom Harper. "Twelve golden tablets sit in museums around the world, each created by unknown hands and buried in ancient times, and each providing the dead with the route to the afterlife. Each has taken its own journey, and each has its own story to tell. This is one of those stories."

I don't know if this .. ah.. I just found an additional part about this short book on his website, "Taking place a few months before The Orpheus Descent, this is one of those stories." So, this is a teaser to the new book about "2500 years ago, the philosopher Plato travelled to Italy on the trail of an ancient mystery – a riddle written in gold, pointing the way to an unimaginable truth. What he found changed him forever, and set him on the path to becoming the founding thinker of western civilisation. " The ebook is $16.79, so a pass for me. Maybe someday if the price comes down.

Next up is Tom Kasey aka Peter Stuart Smith - The Dante Conspiracy [Historical Thriller] - free Apr 2013
Spoiler:
Florence, Italy.

The corpse of a professor of Italian Renaissance poetry is found in a deserted barn outside Florence, his body ravaged by prolonged torture.

But there seems no reason why anyone would want him dead.

Hours later, somebody breaks into Dante’s cenotaph in the Santa Croce Basilica. But that’s an empty stone box, so what were the thieves expecting to find there?

The case makes no sense, and the only link between the crimes seems to be a couple of mysterious new verses which possibly might be a part of the Divine Comedy.

Could the verses contain a code? And, if so, to what? And who wants to decode them so badly that they would kill to discover the secret?

As the body-count rises and gunshots echo around the ancient streets of Florence, the detectives investigating the murder realize they’re in a race to the death. They must crack the code and uncover the secret before the killers get there first.

The truth will be more shocking than they could ever have imagined. And more dangerous as well.

'The Dante Conspiracy' is a chilling conspiracy thriller perfect for fans of Dan Brown, Steve Berry and Clive Cussler.

"An edge-of-the-seat thriller, with fantastic historical detail." - Robert Foster, best-selling author of 'The Lunar Code'.

Tom Kasey is a pseudonym for a well-known thriller writer responsible for a series of best-sellers. His other books include the best-selling Trade-Off.

Endeavour Press is the UK's leading publisher of digital books.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote