View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #148
PiersS
Enthusiast
PiersS began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Hey everyone, been lurking since I got my Vox for Christmas (which replaces my broken-screened Nook v1).

Wanted to chime in with thanks for those that have posted tips for getting reading awards (and shake my fist comically at those that post awards but not how to get them lol). My Vox didn't come with those 5 freebies, I've downloaded the 5 posted just above me and hopefully will get the Classic Attack. Have also downloaded Sense & Sensibility + Pride & Prejudice for Lost in Austen, and HG Wells Time Machine to see if that gets me Time Lord

My Reading Life awards are at 30/32 right now, with Juggernaut being 63% complete and Off the Wall being 60% (even after posting each book I've started on FB, but whatever)

A couple of things I've wondered though:

I've skim re-read the Franklin color book that came with the Vox several times, as well as another couple of books (Franklin is the shortest) but can't get the Total Recall award

I've got 30 awards, but have only received the Scout Leader award, no sign of Highly Decorated

I can't seem to get Word Up or Pressed for Details despite looking up at least 10 words in each book I've read and despite doing the long press on quite a number of books on my shelf.

I also noticed Twisted in the list on kobo's website, which says "The Pretty Little Liars crew are back from Jamaica with even more secrets…" which indicated the Pretty Little Liars book #9, so I downloaded the preview to that, and when I was done, nothing. Is the award still valid, and if so, do we have to read the whole book.. if so, that's an award I won't be getting lol

Sorry for so many questions, I've been saving them up lol
PiersS is offline   Reply With Quote