View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 07:32 AM   #3
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepurple2234 View Post
So I'm thinking of buying an iPad. I currently don't own any iOS devices, but I have an Android Phone. Kindle for Android does not allow me to open .mobi files that are not from Amazon.com. Does the Kindle for iPad allow you to open those?
Are there any other software that does allow you to open mobi files?
Kindle for iPad can open .mobi files if they have no DRM (or if they have Amazon's DRM). So the first thing you would need to do is remove the DRM on the files you have. Then you should be able to open them with the Kindle app, or you could also convert them to ePub using Calibre, to read them with iBooks or BlueFire Reader for example.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote