View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 11:39 AM   #23
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi View Post
I have a good collection of audible books. My 1st generation iPod (4 gb version) died recently after more than six years of daily trouble-free use. Unfortunately Nokia Audiobook Manager is not listed among the usable devices or software on Audible website. What should I do? I need one of those books for a forth-coming job interview. Thanks to DRM I am unable to use a book that I paid my hard-earned money for! Why should my expenditure on audible dictate spending money on something else? I am perfectly happy with my mobile phone audiobook player but can't use Audible books on it which is a great shame.
The fact that you can't use Audible files on a Nokia is not due to DRM but do to the fact that audible uses a proprietary file format that has superior compression. Audible folks are pretty aggressive at getting their readers on lots of platforms. I would suggest you contact them and see if the Nokia is on their list of target platforms in the near future. It would also be good to contact Nokia and have them nudge Audible a bit.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote