View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 08:30 AM   #46
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly1234 View Post
May I assume that with eink, you mean e-reader?

I can only say that since I have my e-reader (first a Tolino, then my Kobo) I almost never read a paper-version book. Why? For a paper book you have to sit down, whereas I can do the dishes and read on my Kobo. Plus there's the weight of the paper books to consider if you're going outdoors.

I sometimes read an e-book (from Kobo or other) on my Huawei, but rarely.
Yes.
There aren't any dedicated LCD ereaders out these days, that I know of, or significant non-reader eink gadgets. Every once in a while somebody tries an eink phone or keyboard but they don't seem to make much of a dent.

As for print, I have a bookshelf of unread ones and every once in a while I pull one out for reading but rarely get far. Even the FIRE HD10 is lighter plus easier to pull out. I pretty much pased paper out back in the PDA days after my Jornada and Dell AXIM VGA. And then came eink...

I've gone through a series of ereaders from BeBook to Paperwhite32, each noticeably better than what came before but right now there's very little I might need in the newer models. Maybe waterproofing, it might let me read in the shower...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote