View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 08:29 AM   #81
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
... In fact, given the variety of Amazon devices and applications and its obsessiveness with customer satisfaction, having a single format able to deliver a near uniform and optimal reader experience over all devices and applications is an explanation in itself.
In Kindle world is it not true that the devices, the firmware and the book formats are all totally controlled by Amazon. Therefore why would I not also conclude that any current problematic user reading experiences are problems entirely of Amazon's own making?

If we also include the phone/tablet market, the number of people using anything other than Kindle4Android or Kindle4IOS to read MOBI/KF8 books must be miniscule and therefore, by your own reasoning, too niche for Amazon to care about. Once again, Amazon proprietary apps, so my conclusion is the same as above.

Reading these forums, it seems the definition of "niche" is "features offered by other brands which Kindles do not currently have". I could swear that demand for screens bigger than 6" was being dismissed as "niche" this time last year. Am I also to believe that adding a few more options for margin-widths and/or line-spacing would cause a meltdown on the CS phones, whereas the recent adding of a few more font-sizes won't?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote