View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 09:28 AM   #8
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
It's maddening, really. Content exists, the content creator is out of the picture, some business entity "owns" rights to the content, but doesn't want to do anything with it, and so the rest of us don't have access to the content in any form. In the software world that's called "abandonware," and there are websites full of binaries with notices to publishers offering to take down the content if requested (and the publishers almost never respond).

I make my living from my ideas and I strongly favor laws that let people who have good ideas get paid for them. But the current system is nuts.

(Like we didn't all know that already.)

/rant
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote