View Single Post
Old 11-05-2023, 10:44 AM   #3
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
I first came across this story when it was dramatized in the "Out of this World" TV series in the 1960s? on British television. Soon after I found an anthology in the library which contained the story an I read the original text.

I enjoyed both and found it to be quite quite well written at the time (I was about 14 at the time).

On reflection the "dilemma' is plausible. My feeling is though that in the situation the pilot of the courier could only act as he did and "space" the stowaway. I do not think it was a real dilemma but more a case of psychologically did the pilot have the moral strength to space the girl.
If he did not then many more would die on the colony world he was delivering cures for a plague to. The girls brother was on the colony hence her stowing away.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote