Thread: PRS-505 Broken PRS-505 Screen?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 06:18 AM   #7
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbagsh55 View Post
Hi Harry, a very good point, and with the benefit of hindsight, and for my next purachse I would purchase the accidental damage warranty if possible. I usually avoid any additional warranty coverage but given the costs of repair it makes sense for me with the Sony Reader.

B&H Photo currently advertise a third-parties accidental coverage for purchase with the PRS-505 which I am enquiring about. I need to check with B&H Photo if it is available outside of the US since on one page it states explicitly it is available to international purchasers but when added to the shopping cart it states that it is US-only (excluding Florida).

Regards,
Marcus
I noticed that earlier today on the B&H site when I was about to order a reader, having also damaged my 500 without knowing how I did it. I'm going to try and call them when their phone lines open up in a couple of hours, and if I can get to the bottom of it I'll post the result here.

I'm in two minds however; I could get accidental damage, or I could get a good quality case to protect it, like the BookArmor case. Both aren't necessarily an option since my budget is somewhat tight.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote