View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 02:14 PM   #62
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Personally after much consideration in regards to the no collections, the low battery life of only 8 hours, the inability to not expand on storage and the loss of the e-ink technology I decided to just get the Fire for my husband, who wants a tablet without being locked into a contract with a cellular company and the Touch for myself. In comparison to my k2 the touch would be the best upgrade fro me. I would have been willing to give up the e-ink and use my k2 when I needed to read in sunlight but there are too many cons to justify me wanting to give up my k2 for a Fire.

I know it was an assumption on my part but I assumed that Amazon would improve on the K4pc app and have the Fire running something similar or better, I didn't expect it to be of a lower standard than what the free app has. I would like to think that when the Fire went on sale or soon after it would have the collections functionality but since there is not guarantee, it is not worth the cost for me. It seems to me that like others have stated the Fire was made to be a wanna be ipad, and that is not something I am interested in. Maybe as I play with my husband's I may change my mind but I am sure I will be happiest with the Touch, after all I want my kindle for reading, not music, videos or apps.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote